|Number of pixels||18|
|Grayscales / Colors||greyscales|
|Contact person||Arne Rossius|
AntiKippenLights-Mini is an AntiKippenLights in the size of a matchbox. It consists of 18 SMD LEDs (size 0805) that are, unlike in the original, driven by an Atmel ATtiny2313 microcontroller. Starting from version 2.0, an ATtiny24A is used instead. The device is powered by a single CR2032 3 V lithium button cell. The circuit can be switched on and off with the button. When it is switched off, it draws only approx. 200 nA which in most cases will be less than the battery's self discharge current. To prevent an empty battery when the circuit has bad contact to the battery, it switches itself off when the battery is (re)connected.
The prototype is still the same size as the AntiKippenLights, but it already consists of the parts that will be used in the AntiKippenLights-Mini. The source code that was written for a PIC microcontroller was ported to AVR almost literally, thus the animations are somewhat slower. In addition, the LEDs have a different order, so some animations will start at a different LED than on the original AntiKippenLights.
The PCB measures 45.7 x 30.5 mm and fits exactly into a matchbox. The layout is double sided (of course) and it's recommendable to use thin PCB material (e.g. 1 mm). Up to Rev. 1.2, the button cell retainer is the same as the ones used on PC mainboards, so you can desolder one from a broken board. From Rev. 1.3 onward, an SMD button cell retainer is used. The resistors and the capacitor have to be size 0805, the same size as the LEDs.
For Hardware Rev. 2.x
These versions can run on the hardware versions based on ATtiny24(A) (controller with 14 pins).
- Version 2.0.0 (first version for ATtiny24, based on version 1.0.0)
For Hardware Rev. 1.x
These versions can run on all hardware versions based on ATtiny2313(A) (controller with 20 pins).
- Version 1.0.0 (complete re-write)
- Version 0.9.4 (bugfix)
- Version 0.9.3 (better port initialization and automatic power off after two hours)
- Version 0.9.1 (improved button debouncing to prevent accidental turn-on)
- Version 0.9 (button without function (always on) when bridging PD5 and GND)
- Version 0.8 (on/off button now working)
- Version 0.7 (direct port of the AntiKippenLights-Software without the random number generator)