|Number of pixels||42|
|Grayscales / Colors||16 grayscales (gamma 2.0)|
|Contact person||Stefan Schuermans|
|Project website||BlinkenArea bulb (en)|
BlinkenArea ultimate logo board - "bulb" for short - is a small circuit board of 5x5cm showing the BlinkenArea logo with 42 LEDs. The orange LEDs display several animations using 16 brightness levels (gamma = 2.0). The board is powered by a single CR2032 button cell.
- electrics 1.0.0 (schematic, part list and layout)
- firmware 1.0.0 (source code)
- firmware 1.0.0 (hex code)
- bulb manual 1.0.0 (PDF file)
Instructions for assembling the kit 1.0.0
- download the "electrics" package and unpack it
- look at page 12 of "bulb.pcb.pdf"
- solder the LEDs as seen in the PDF (the black dots next to the LEDs in the PDF indicate where the green dots on the actual LEDs have to be)
- look at page 13 of "bulb.pcb.pdf"
- solder the resistor (tiny, dark, with "1002" printed on it) to the position R1 (polarity does not mater)
- solder the capacitor (tiny, brown, nothing printed on it) to the position C1 (polarity does not matter)
- solder the FET (small black, 8 pins) to the position T1 (the dot on the actual part goes to the side with the half circle in the PDF)
- solder the microcontroller (bigger, black, 20 pins) to the position IC1 (the dot on the actual part goes to the side with the half circle in the PDF)
- solder the button to the position S1 (polarity does not matter)
- solder the battery holder to the position B1
- insert the battery