|back to summary|
|Hardware requirements||8 KiB flash|
|Source Code Size||-|
|Memory requirements||[123 + (number of pixels) * (colour channels) + stack] Bytes|
|Contact person||Arne Rossius|
The BlinkenPlus firmware is a common firmware for several BlinkenLights and ARCADE clone projects. It supports playing BlinkenMovies from the microcontroller's flash memory, from SD card or using an incoming MCUF stream via RS232. It also outputs an MCUF stream for every frame it displays (no matter what source).
- supported controllers (not all controllers compatible with all projects):
- supported resolutions:
- 18 x 8 pixels, monochrome (1/8 and 1/18 multiplexing)
- 18 x (8 x RGB) pixels, RGB colour (1/18 multiplexing)
- (20 x RG) x 8 pixels, RG colour (1/4 multiplexing)
- 26 x 20 pixels, monochrome (1/20 multiplexing)
- (26 x RGB) x 20 pixels, RGB colour (1/20 multiplexing)
- arbitrary (only with StreamSplitter)
- supports MMC, SD and SDHC cards
The configuration options can be found in the file "config.inc" (or at the beginning of "blinkenplus.asm" for older versions). They are automatically set if you select one of the supported projects or can be configured manually for your own project or if you don't like the standard settings. See the comments in the assembly file for explanation of the options.
Latest version first.
- Version 2018-05-19 - Support for TicTacLights Nano Colour und Arcade Nano
- Version 2016-09-08 - Support for BlinkenBadge and TicTacLights Nano, reduced memory requirement (removed separate buffer for UART)
- Version 2015-12-28 - Support for BlinkenLEDs Plus Colour
- Version 2014-12-27 - Support for TicTacLights Colour
- Version 2014-06-23 - Support for vertical splitting with StreamSplitter
- Version 2013-12-20 - Support for ArcadeMicro Colour and StreamSplitter (horizontal splitting only)
- Version 2013-07-14 - Support for colours, Blinkström Colour, PollinMatrix and the BBM file format
- Version 2012-09-28 - Support for TicTacLights
- Version 2012-06-12 - Experimental support for BlinkströmAdvanced and BlinkströmAdvanced-Stream
- Version 2012-04-14 - Support for BlinkenLEDs Plus Prototype and Rev. 1
- Version 2011-12-27 - Supported projects: BlinkenLEDs Plus Rev. 3.0 and ArcadeMicro
A full list of changes can be found in the file "changes.txt" in the ZIP archive.